Jo's Secret Birthday

Weeks before Jo's birthday, the girls have already made planning for the surprise. Pop by Wen's house few days ago and sta...


Weeks before Jo's birthday, the girls have already made planning for the surprise. Pop by Wen's house few days ago and started the first mission - video making.


Ended the fun day dipping in the pool with Mich, managed to swam a few laps before it started pouring.


Before I move on with details of the secret cupcake making, I have to confess. I would proudly say I am a great cook but I can't simply say the same when it comes to baking. Well, I've bake twice? The first time was fruit tarts and the second time was just a regular cake, it was nothing fancy. You could say I am a novice baker. 

We decided that we could make cupcakes for her, in exchange for the boring routine of purchasing ready made cakes. Besides, baking is a really fun process although it's also extremely tedious.


Some of the ingredients require to make Nutella Cupcake: Nutella, Chocolate Chips, Vanilla Essence, Unsalted Margarine, Sugar, Baking Power, Plain Flour & Self-Raising Flour etc.


Half way through the first step; creaming the sugar and margarine together,  my electric hand mixer died on me. So I had to manually whisk until the mixture was creamy and soft. 


Once the first step is done, add in the eggs, flour mixtures & chocolate chips. Pretty simple recipe all who are new to baking :)


Fill the cups with 1/4 of the batter, followed by a scoop of Nutella before covering it with 3/4 of the batter. Once all is done, everything is oven ready :) Bake it for 20 mins under 180 degree, and here's our final product.


The cake was very successful, but the frosting part was really difficult. As you can see, I'm really bad with the frosting. And because I was so caution in not ruining the cake, the hole I cut off the piping bag was too tiny, and so the frosting came out as a thin line instead of the usual big & beautiful ones. People who have tips on frosting makings do drop me some! :)



Secret celebration officially commence the next day.



She must have really enjoyed the video, judging from her laughters and smiles :)


Christmas is on it's way, and soon the vacation I'm been waiting for. 


Dinner at "Just Acia" located at Dhoby X-change, Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station (Orchard Road #B1-45). All their set meal orders are entitled to free flow drinks and ice cream.

Wen's Herbal Chicken Soup Set
My Creamy Tom Yum Chicken Spaghetti Set
Jo's Deep Fried Dory Fish with Melted Cheese Rice Set
Joc's Spicy Chicken Set
Personally prefer Joc's choice! 

Spend hours chatting and surprising Jo with the appearance of our special guest; Jeremy! Although the ice creams were free flow and we're all crazy about ice creams, we didn't refill our bowls after the first portion. Chatting seems to fill our tummies better than we thought! #lol.


Bought whipped cream dispenser from Daiso! Hopefully practice really makes perfect and that someday, I can bake as well as I cook :)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks babe!!! The cupcake is awesome! :D I WANT MOARRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you love it birthday girl! Will bake again some time :D

    ReplyDelete

Klook.com