Tasting Love @ Dozo

Dedicated Chinese New Year day 3 to a delightful lunch with my favourite people at Dozo; a fine dining restaurant. It was February 12th the...

Dedicated Chinese New Year day 3 to a delightful lunch with my favourite people at Dozo; a fine dining restaurant. It was February 12th then, 2 days prior to Saint Valentine's Day. Never could I imagine that J would surprise me with a bouquet of rose, single-handedly arranged by him. Not to mention S & B did an awesome job hiding it from me!

 photo IMG_8178_zpsf9bc1013.jpg

Thankfully, S got a private room for us. Couldn't decide how fortunate it is to dine in a private space, away from any form of possible disturbances. The room was spacious and the rays of sunlight gushing in really lightens up one's mood for food.

 photo IMG_8188_zps8acb3c08.jpg photo IMG_8189_zpsdd5d823d.jpg

After orders were made, complimentary glasses of Yuzu Sorbet were served to us. These refreshing sorbets acts as palate cleanser before the meals are served.

 photo IMG_8190_zps7ad29665.jpg

Getting too hungry while waiting for your food to arrive? No worries, deep fried bread stick/pasta stick awaits for you on the table.

 photo IMG_8191_zps190919fd.jpg
Chief's Selection of Assorted Platter

Starter was the Chef's Selection of Assorted Platter which consist of smoked salmon with cream, scallops with asparagus and foie gras. The procedure of consuming this platter is to start from the scallop to the foie gras and the last but not least, the smoked salmon. The last time I ate foie gras, I has a really bad experience. The taste was fishy and awful, I took a bite and pushed it away. However, at Dozo, their foie gras surprised me with its combination of raisin sauce and bread to go along.

 photo IMG_8200_zpsfa44219c.jpg
Platter of Air Flown Seasonal Sashimi
 photo IMG_8201_zps72ffaeb0.jpg

My choice of cold dish as recommended by S was the Platter of Air Flown Seasonal Sashimi. The best out of the entire sashimi plate? No doubt, the shrimp! Every piece of the sashimi brought my taste buds to a whole new level of enjoyment. Couldn't quite describe how it actually felt, you just have to taste it to know it :)

 photo IMG_8197_zpsf670c761.jpg
Iced Mallow Apple Melody
 photo IMG_8198_zps239b38e1.jpg
Chunky apple inside a pot of apple and guava juice goodness!
 photo IMG_8195_zpsbb7d0992.jpg
Mocktail of Love
 photo IMG_8208_zpsb4707cee.jpg
Infusion of Cepes Mushroom with Truffle Soup
Next on the table - Mushroom truffle soup! You have to melt the piece of truffle in your mouth before consuming the soup. Yums.

 photo IMG_8204_zpsa31144e8.jpg
Stewed Beef Tendon with Puff Pastry
 photo IMG_8205_zps68902dd7.jpg

Choice of side dish: Stewed Beef Tendon with Puff Pastry. Sweet puff with tender beef, my utmost favourite dish of the entire meal! I can eat this over and over and over... You know what I mean.

 photo IMG_8210_zps277b6b42.jpg
Saffron Seafood Platter
 photo IMG_8212_zps94107814.jpg

Choice of main dish: Saffron Seafood Platter. What's inside? Lobster, scallops, clams, grilled squid, grilled mussels! Portion was rightly served, enough to keep me full.

 photo IMG_8217_zps97bba804.jpg
Complimentary Marshmallow Tree
 photo IMG_8219_zps82043bbe.jpg
Dozo's Freshly Baked Warmed Chocolate

Choice of dessert: Dozo's Freshly Baked Warmed Chocolate. I love it but it's a pity it came in a portion too tiny. I wished I could enjoy more of this. Check out the warm chocolate oozing out. I was never quite a fan of chocolate but I love this.

 photo IMG_8223_zps76490c7e.jpg
Espresso Crème Brulee
Raspberry Mousse with Tarragon Cream

For dessert, S got her crème brulee while J had the raspberry mousse. The mousse does not appeal to me as much as the waffle balls, the crunchy chocolatey waffle balls. Mmm...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com