The Tastings Room

On the 1st of February, my dearest boy and I decide to have a decent lunch and movie date. Probably due to the fact that February is a mon...

 photo IMG_80972_zpsa0a90791.jpg

On the 1st of February, my dearest boy and I decide to have a decent lunch and movie date. Probably due to the fact that February is a month of love, we wanted some good times, enjoying food and each other's company. Since we were catching "Cloud Atlas" at Marina Square, I picked The Tasting Room for our lunch date.

 photo IMG_8108_zps813bb0c8.jpg

When it comes to beverages, the good ol' Earl Grey tea will always be my first choice.

 photo IMG_8111_zps004fbb4c.jpg
Truffle Mushroom Puree Soup

Everyone have been raving about how delicious their Truffle Mushroom Puree soup is, and now that I finally got a taste of it, I can't agree more. Huge generous portion of chunky mushroom filled the soup, definitely win a mushroom lover like me over. Yum.

 photo IMG_8116_zps4b5be00d.jpg
Rose Sauce Salmon Linguine
 photo IMG_8117copy_zpsed58da82.jpg

My choice of Rose Sauce Salmon Linguine was a perfect mixture of tangy tomato cream sauce with chunks of Norwegian salmon. Sweet savoury pasta.

 photo IMG_8120_zps5e98933a.jpg
Basil Pesto Aglio Oli Prawn Spaghetti
 photo IMG_8121copy_zpse4816008.jpg

J's pick of Basil Pesto Agolio Olio was ordinary and the pasta was served mid-cooked, the pasta has not soften yet. And because we were the first and only customer during that timing, the chef and staff were slacking, chatting and taking their own sweet time with our orders. One of the staff even unplug the switch of the restaurant's music player to charge his phone. Can't really decide if the staff were lacking training or just plain unethical.

 photo IMG_8124_zps6b74bc1a.jpg
Earl Grey Crรจme Brulee with Poached Pear

Thank god their dessert didn't screw up, however the first impression we received was enough to keep us away from visiting again. The egg custard was infused with Earl Grey tea, topped with soft poached pear and cover with a top layer of caramelised, crispy sugar.

 photo okcopy_zps453bded3.png

Signing off with my OOTD

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Klook.com